Diploma In Holistic Education
This course is now closed to the public. It is still available on request to individual schools. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to make a booking.
A seven-module teacher training programme for classroom teachers and educators, offering theoretical knowledge and practical applications for learning styles, creative, brain-based learning methods, multiple intelligences, the use of music in learning, learning cycles and individualised instruction.
- Module 1: Diversity in the Classroom based on Learning Styles
- Module 2: Teaching Styles - Learning Tools - Classroom Management
- Module 3: Creative Learning in Action
- Module 4: The Magic of Music in Learning
- Module 5: Multiple Intelligences (MI), Quality Teaching & Learning Styles
- Module 6: Suggestopedia - Learning Cycles - Individualised Instructions
- Module 6A: Teaching Foreign Languages NewStyle
- Module 7: 'Show You Know' - Practical Applications of Leading-Edge Teaching Methods
The DIPLOMA IN HOLISTIC EDUCATION© is a three-year change program but can also be implemented successfully within one or two years. At the beginning of year three only the Learning Style Analysis for students has to be carried out. Monitoring of the school's progress should start at implementation, continue during the change process and remain an integral part of the school's quality control.
Stage I - Basic Programme
- 1. DIVERSITY IN THE CLASSROOM BASED ON LEARNING STYLES (1 day)
- Introduction to human diversity & style, research basis for learning styles, interpretation of teachers' LSA profiles; differences between left/right brain processing and its consequences for learning success; learning styles of underachievers, 'reluctant/slow/poor' learners and 'gifted' students; classroom set-up.
- 2. TEACHING STYLES - LEARNING TOOLS - CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT (1 day)
- Interpretation of individual computerised TSA profiles for teachers and LSA (Junior & Senior) profiles for students and group profiles, finding matches and mismatches; production of tactile/ kinesthetic learning tools and their use in different subjects; devising teaching strategies based on students' learning needs utilising LS tools.
- 3. CREATIVE LEARNING IN ACTION (1 1/2 days)
- Introduction to creative, accelerated learning methods like use of music, mind mapping, brain gym, memory techniques, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and; amazing functions of the human brain and its implications for learning; practical applications for the classroom.
- 4. THE MAGIC OF MUSIC IN LEARNING (1 day)
- Experiential workshop about the effect of music on the learning process; introduction to different types of music - from Baroque music to Rap - and its appropriate use in different learning situations to energise, motivate, stimulate or relax students and teachers alike.
- 5. MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES (MI), QUALITY TEACHING & LEARNING STYLES (1 day)
- Introduction to the concept of multiple intelligences and its use in the classroom; aspects of quality teaching, the basis for a quality school; integration of MI, LS, accelerated learning and quality teaching to make learning enjoyable for every student.
Stage II - Advanced Programme
- 6. THE JOY OF TEACHING I: (1 1/2 days)
SUGGESTOPEDIA - LEARNING CYCLES - INDIVIDUALISED INSTRUCTION
- Introduction to Lozanov's suggestopedic methods including concert readings, relaxation, desuggestion; historic development of learning cycles based on how the brain works; activating student learning by applying individual approaches and Montessori principles.
- 6A. THE JOY OF TEACHING II: (1 day)
TEACHING FOREIGN LANGUAGES NEWSTYLE
- Application of suggestopedic methods, learning cycles, learning styles and rapid learning to teaching foreign languages; esp. recommended for ESL, ESOL and TOEFL teachers.
- 7. THE JOY OF TEACHING III: (2 days)
SHOW YOU KNOW - PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS OF LEADING-EDGE TEACHING METHODS
- Presentation of lesson plans, teaching units and learning tools incorporating all methods and techniques introduced during the first six modules; continuation of personal growth; update on brain research, latest developments in MI, LS, creative learning & online learning.